Tassal produce remains as safe as ever
Tassal Group is proud to continue to supply fresh and safe Australian grown seafood to our consumers.
As farmers, we are used to working with challenges that nature throws at us. The COVID-19 pandemic has shown us the resilience of our workforce, agility of our distribution supply and support of our shareholders.
We are confident, based on expert advice from organisations including the FAO and WHO that seafood is not a source of risk from COVID-19.
Like all other responsible companies, we continue to provide a safe environment for our people and ensure business continuity for our shareholders, customers, suppliers and consumers.
We have gone above and beyond to continue to operate safely while meeting public health guidelines, this includes:
- Cancel any non-essential facility visits for staff and contractors;
- Ask any unwell staff to stay at home and get tested before returning to work;
- Use temperature checking and screening at entry to certain facilities;
- Use face masks, N95 masks, face shields, gloves, physical barriers and other protocols where needed;
- Implement a cleaning schedule which prioritises surfaces that are frequently touched, with daily cleaning at a minimum;
- Fumigate and fog sites;
- Minimise the number of people in any common space, meetings and training; and
- Establish a nurse and doctor, and travel notification hotline for staff and family members
Tassal Group is confident through these actions and the work of the wider community we will be able to overcome the challenges of COVID-19.